By: John N-T
6th Sep 2021
"Tannoy Mercury Mx4"
Big floor standers that look and sound far better than their budget cost level.
I have owned mine now for eight years from new - I researched speakers to connect to my bi-amp system and the Mx4’s met my criteria and limited budget.
They are :-
- Rated 120 watts
- bi-amp capable
- look very good in the room
- well made and have stood the test of time
- good reviews at the time
- Responsive with good bass yet rather neutral reproduction.
- Just as at home at low volume as they are at higher volumes so good for smaller or larger rooms.
On the downside
- Mid-range just a little flat
Overall more speaker and performance than the price point should deliver with above average build quality. Good condition used models at reasonable price in my opinion would be a safe bet.
8 people liked this review.